We have highly trained mature staff, who have a vast experience of working with all ages of children. All staff are qualified first aiders and attend training courses to develop their skills and thus improve quality of care.
Each child joins a small group of friends with a member of staff designated with special responsibility for their wellbeing. This provides the children with a sense of security and helps them to settle into the nursery.
It also helps the parent to have a familiar face to identify and relate to. The key worker is responsible for filling in child development forms and feedback to parents.
- My Name is Sue. I am the Deputy Manager at Elm House Day Nursery West Derby. I have 15 years experience working with children in Early Years Education. I am committed supporting to Early Years Framework and developing positive relationships with parents and their children. The children always come first and I feel my greatest reward is the satisfaction of seeing the children in my care having fun, enjoying themselves and developing.
- My name is Maria. I am the responsible person in Elm House Day Nursery West Derby. I have worked here for 7 years. I work in the toddler room along with Sarah, we work very well together. I am a qualified level 3 child practitioner and a level 5 in leadership. I am also the S.E.N.D officer. I find my job very rewarding.
- My name is Allison. I am Deputy Manager at Elm House Day Nursery West Derby and have over 27 years experience working in day nurseries. I have recently completed my BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies.
- My name is Sarah. I am 22 years old and a qualified level 3 practitioner. I work in toddler room with 2 and 3 year olds.
Sarah Jane Groom
- My name is Sarah Jane. I currently work with Pre-School children. I really enjoy working with children in Pre-School, getting them prepared for school. I hold a NVQ level 2 qualification and I am working towards my level 3.
- My name is Nicola. I am the cook at Elm House Day Nursery West Derby. I enjoy making nutritious meals for the children. I also enjoy cooking with the children once a month making fresh bread, pizzas and cakes.
- My name is Laura. I have Level 3 NNEB and have been qualified for 18 years. I am very passionate about my job and enjoy working with all age groups. I currently work alongside Ciara in Explores Room.
- My name is Wendy. I have Level 3 Early Years and Education and have worked with children for 19 years. I am very passionate about my job and enjoy working with all age groups.
- Hi my name is Ciara. I have NVQ Level 2. I am working towards my NVQ Level 3. I work in Baby Room and enjoy teaching babies new things everyday.
- My name is Sandra. I am the owner / manager of the Elm House Day Nurseries. I have 25 years experience in childcare and I am dedicated to the children in our care.
Over the years I have gained a range of qualifications enabling myself to provide the best possible care for our children and staff.
- NVQ Level 2 childcare.
- NVQ Level 3 childcare.
- Level 4 Management.
- Level 5 Foundation Degree Early Years.
- Chartered Leader Programme.
In addition to ensure that our staff and myself can continue to provide the best inclusive practice I am currently working towards a qualification in Special Educational Needs. Here at Elm House Day Nursery West Derby we thrive on helping and supporting each and every one of our children and their famillies. I am keen to complete this qualification to gain more knowledge of how to improve the lives of all our children.